A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels #1) by Sarah MacLean

A Rogue by Any Other Name - Sarah MacLean

"She realized how little she wanted a quiet life of pastel colors and quadrilles and tepid lemonade. She wanted more."

*** ABOUT THE BOOK ***

Title: A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels #1)

Author: Sarah MacLean

Genre: Historical Romance

Goodreads Amazon

*** BOOK BLURB ***

A decade ago, the Marquess of Bourne was cast from society with nothing but his title. Now a partner in London’s most exclusive gaming hell, the cold, ruthless Bourne will do whatever it takes to regain his inheritance—including marrying perfect, proper Lady Penelope Marbury.

A broken engagement and years of disappointing courtships have left Penelope with little interest in a quiet, comfortable marriage, and a longing for something more. How lucky that her new husband has access to such unexplored pleasures.

Bourne may be a prince of London’s underworld, but he vows to keep Penelope untouched by its wickedness—a challenge indeed as the lady discovers her own desires, and her willingness to wager anything for them... even her heart.

*** REVIEW ***

If I had to sum up this book I would describe it as enjoyable but forgettable romance. There was nothing special about it, but I like books like this as palate cleansers.

I loved inclusion of the letters that main characters exchanged for years during their childhood. These snippets provided a great opportunity to glance into their past.

Aside from Penelope and Michael, there is an entertaining cast of secondary characters who will get their own books in this series.

Writing at some parts is a bit over the top, but overall it was fun little romance.